# Medical Centre
If you need to see a doctor or nurse during your studies, the Coventry University Medical Centre is a free and confidential NHS GP service. There are a diverse mix of qualified doctors and nurses who can help you with your medical concerns.
# Register for a GP service
You will need to register with the service before you can use it. It’s best to do this at the start of your course, so you can get medical treatment when needed without any delays. If you are outside of the CV1-CV6 postal codes, check the NHS website to find a local GP service (opens new window).
# To register with Coventry University Medical Centre, you will need to:
- Complete the Registration form (opens new window).
- Make sure you select Submit your registration form at the bottom of the page.
Once registered, you will be sent an email with your access details to the online appointment booking service.
Please look at your email and activate your account. This is the easiest way to make appointments and order repeat prescriptions.
Remember, you can only be registered with one medical practice at any one time
# Book an appointment with a doctor or nurse
To book an appointment you can either:
- Call reception on 024 7659 2012 and tell them that you are a student.
- Go to the Medical Centre Reception (on the 2nd floor of the Hub).
- Log in to Patient Access (opens new window) and book online.
If you are too ill to go to the medical centre and would like to request a home visit or telephone consultation with the GP, this can be arranged in some circumstances (depending on the GPs availability). To do this, call the Medical Centre Reception
# Get ‘Out of Hours’ medical help
During term time the medical centre is open from 8am to 6pm every weekday. Surgery appointments are between 8.30am and 11.30am in the morning and from 2.30pm to 5.30pm in the afternoon. Outside of term time, there is a reduced medical service in the Hub. You can see the dates/times of this reduced service on the website (opens new window). Please do note the Medical Centres hours may vary temporarily due to COVID-19.
If the Medical Centre in the Hub is closed, you can:
- Consult the doctors and nurses at our other Surgery at Engleton House in Radford, which is open 8am to 6.30pm.
- Phone Engleton House ‘Out of Hours’ surgery on 024 7659 2012.
- Phone the NHS 111 service.
- Visit the Walk-In Centre on Stoney-Stanton Road.
Most pharmacies are open late in the evening, at weekends and over Bank Holidays and can give advice to help you stay healthy and well. They also offer emergency contraception for young people aged 16-25 years