# Lanchester Library
The Lanchester Library is open to all University staff and students. It's five floors of all the resources, both electronic and print, you could need to make the best of every assignment, seminar or lecture. You will also find a range of study environments to suit everyone from quiet study and group study areas to the Postgraduate Reading Room and the Disruptive Media Learning Lab.
We’ve had to make some changes to how we operate to ensure our spaces are as safe as possible so please read the following information carefully.
You will only be allowed into the Library past the entrance gates if you have pre-booked a study space or have requested books via our Click and Collect service (see below). You must have your ID card and booking confirmation to enter. Please note there is no drop-in printer access.
# Study Spaces
To enter the Library you need to pre-book a study space. Spaces are available for 1-4 hours per booking and you can book once per day. The number of spaces will be limited but we will increase availability to ensure we are at the maximum we can safely operate at whilst adhering to social distancing guidelines before the start of Semester.
The booking system is now live (opens new window) just click on the purple space buttons.
# Click and Collect
Coventry University has a huge collection of e-books and e-journals but there may still be some items that are only available in print. If you need a printed copy of a book, you can place a booking through the library online catalogue, Locate. Our staff will retrieve the item for you and you will be able to collect it next working day from our collection area at the main entrance to the Library. The LibGuide on click and collect gives more information on what to do.
# Returning Books
Please return books to the Welcome area at the Main Entrance to the Library. We quarantine all returned items for at least 72 hours before they’re re-shelved.
# Book an appointment with an Academic Liaison Librarian
If you need academic support you can book a 1-1 appointment with our Academic Liaison Librarians (ALL) (opens new window). You will need to search for your subject first to find out which ALL specialises in your area of study. Then use the online booking tool to select a time and date for your appointment.
# BibliU eBook Scheme
Need some help with your project or dissertation?
Did you know that via BibliU, you have access to over 1,200 textbooks (opens new window) which include many titles focused on producing top quality research, write-ups and literature reviews?
To find out more, visit BibliU and go to the Login page and select Coventry University (opens new window). Log in with your usual university password.
# Flying Start
Flying Start is designed to get you up and running on your course by providing you with materials and experiences to help you succeed during your degree and in your career.
We offer course essentials and some great resources to help you on your way, at no extra cost.
Find out more about Flying Start and what we can offer you (opens new window).
# Speak to us online
Ask us a question 7 days a week, 08:00-midnight, via live Libchat on Locate (opens new window), or leave us a question via LibAnswers (opens new window).
# What the Library offers
- study spaces and computer workstations including both PC and Mac as well as 120 laptops/macbooks available for loan
- access to over 350,000 print books
- 309,000 e-books and over 95,000 e-journals and a large range of other multimedia resources
- professional support for finding information from Subject Librarians
- information skills teaching (how to search for and critically evaluate information resources effectively and efficiently)
- bookable group study rooms and a bookable Disability Support room including PC with Assistive software for quiet work. We also provide advice and support for research, including Open Access
- advice on copyright and licensing; document supply service for items not in stock in the Library
- a digitisation service for key chapters as well as the 'You Choose' scheme to help students recommend books for Library purchase.