# Centre for Academic Writing
Coventry University’s Centre for Academic Writing (CAW) can provide you with guidance on your writing throughout your undergraduate and post-graduate degree studies.
# Become a confident writer
CAW supports students to become confident writers through:
- One-to-one writing tutorials (face-to-face in CAW’s Academic Writing Studio and online via the Coventry Online Writing Lab (COWL))
- Workshops on common writing topics
- ‘Single Question’ drop-in sessions
- Academic Writing Add+vantage modules
- Self-study writing guidance
- 3rd Year dissertation active writing sessions
- Dissertation and final year project writing support
- Thesis writing support
- Post-graduate modules on writing literature reviews, research articles, and other publications
# Book a session
To book a writing tutorial or workshop go to our online booking page (opens new window).
# Single question drop-in sessions
CAW’s popular ‘Single Question Drop-in Service’ has been expanded this year. Academic Writing Tutors are on hand to respond to a wide range of students’ writing queries, and can be found at a designated CAW table in the Library and in each Faculty on a rotating basis every week, as well as CAW’s reception area. The full schedule is available on CAW’s student portal pages and students can attend any of the sessions listed (opens new window).
# 3rd year dissertation active writing session
Final year undergraduates who need a space to write their dissertations or projects can book a 3rd Year Dissertation Active Writing Session. These sessions typically take place in CAW’s Academic Writing Studio, with an Academic Writing Tutor available to provide brief on-the-spot dissertation/project writing advice.
# Academic Writing Month
In celebration of Academic Writing Month (AcWrMo) in November, CAW has organised a full menu of writing development activities and workshops, including CAW’s Academic Writing Themed Week for PGRs.