# Centre for Academic Writing
Coventry University’s Centre for Academic Writing (CAW) can provide you with guidance on your writing throughout your undergraduate and post-graduate degree studies.
# Become a confident writer
CAW will support you to become a confident writer through:
- One-to-one writing tutorials (face-to-face in CAW’s Academic Writing Studio and online via the Coventry Online Writing Lab (COWL))
- Workshops on common writing topics
- ‘Single Question’ drop-in sessions
- Academic Writing Add+vantage modules
- Self-study writing guidance
- 3rd Year dissertation active writing sessions
- Dissertation and final year project writing support
- Thesis writing support
- Post-graduate modules on writing literature reviews, research articles, and other publications
# Book a session
To book a writing tutorial or workshop go to our online booking page (opens new window).
# Get answers quickly to all your academic writing questions
CAW’s popular ‘Single Question Drop-in Service’ has been expanded this year. Academic Writing Tutors are on hand to respond to a wide range of students’ writing queries, and can be found at a designated CAW table in the Library and in each Faculty on a rotating basis every week, as well as CAW’s reception area. The full schedule is available on CAW’s student portal pages and students can attend any of the sessions listed (opens new window).
# Improve your focus on your dissertation writing
Final year undergraduates who need a space to write their dissertations or projects can book a 3rd Year Dissertation Active Writing Session. These sessions typically take place in CAW’s Academic Writing Studio, with an Academic Writing Tutor available to provide brief on-the-spot dissertation/project writing advice.