# Centre for Academic Writing
Coventry University’s Centre for Academic Writing (CAW) can provide you with guidance on your writing throughout your undergraduate and post-graduate degree studies.
# Become a confident writer
CAW supports students to become confident writers through:
- One-to-one writing tutorials (face-to-face in CAW’s Academic Writing Studio and online via the Coventry Online Writing Lab (COWL))
- Workshops on common writing topics
- ‘Single Question’ drop-in sessions
- Academic Writing Add+vantage modules
- Self-study writing guidance
- 3rd Year dissertation active writing sessions
- Dissertation and final year project writing support
- Thesis writing support
- Post-graduate modules on writing literature reviews, research articles, and other publications
# Book a session
To book a writing tutorial or workshop go to our online booking page.
# Single question drop-in sessions
CAW’s popular ‘Single Question Drop-in Service’ has been expanded this year. Academic Writing Tutors are on hand to respond to a wide range of students’ writing queries, and can be found at a designated CAW table in the Library and in each Faculty on a rotating basis every week, as well as CAW’s reception area. The full schedule is available on CAW’s student portal pages and students can attend any of the sessions listed.
# 3rd year dissertation active writing session
Final year undergraduates who need a space to write their dissertations or projects can book a 3rd Year Dissertation Active Writing Session. These sessions typically take place in CAW’s Academic Writing Studio, with an Academic Writing Tutor available to provide brief on-the-spot dissertation/project writing advice.
# Academic Writing Month
In celebration of Academic Writing Month (AcWrMo) in November, CAW has organised a full menu of writing development activities and workshops, including CAW’s Academic Writing Themed Week for PGRs.