# Academic Writing Service (Dagenham)
We are dedicated to helping you achieve your full academic potential by offering practical support and guidance with academic writing and English language. We are here for you throughout your student journey - from the beginning of your course through to the end. Whether you are struggling with academic writing and English language in general or with a specific assignment, please contact us and we will help you.
# How we can help you
- Advice and comments on written work via email
- 121 tutorials in person or via Microsoft Teams
# Get specialised support from an academic writing tutor
An academic tutor will:
- listen to what you have to say about your writing and work with you to provide guidance
- find ways to help you understand your assignment brief better, including how to write in particular genres
- advise you on how to make a plan for your research
- give you methods to organise your ideas and develop them
- analyse your writing to help you improve the way you structure and argue, and identify patterns of grammatical error
- offer strategies for revising and editing your assignment and developing your writing skills
# Book an appointment
To book an appointment with an academic tutor, email:
- Jolyon Pike (Dagenham students)
Make sure you include your name, student ID number and a brief outline of what you need help with. Please state if you would like an online tutorial (via Microsoft Teams) or attach any work that you want your academic tutor to review. Please send the work early enough for the tutor to review the draft prior to discussing it with you.
Please send all emails from your University email account (@culouni.coventry.ac.uk). For data protection reasons, we are not able to respond to emails sent from your personal email account
# Get more information
Go to our home page (opens new window) on the library website.