The Library is open to all London staff and students. It’s located on the 3rd floor of University House and provide access to all the physical and electronic resources you could need to make the best of every assignment, seminar or lecture. You will also find a range of study environments from quiet study, bookable rooms and group study areas.
All of the previous Covid-19 restrictions are now lifted but we continue to encourage a safe environment for students and staff so the library team may still wear their face coverings at times. Cleansing wipes and hand sanitisers are still available for use to keep study spaces and equipment clean. Visit LibGuides (opens new window), our information portal for all the information you need to know about our services and resources.
# Study Spaces
You can choose from a variety of study spaces. The main library area provides spaces for groups of 2-4 students to work quietly. If you wish to work on your own in a quieter environment then the Silent Study room is the best option. There are 2 bookable Huddle rooms where groups of 3-8 students can work together on group assignments and share their presentations. The rooms may be booked through the LibCal (opens new window) system for 2 hours at a time, for up to 3 times a week.
# Book Requests
Coventry University London has a huge collection of e-books and e-journals but there may still be some items that are only available in print. If you need a printed copy of a book which is on loan, you can place a request through the library online catalogue, 'Locate' (opens new window) (opens new window). When the item is available for loan, you will be notified by email to collect it from the library.
# Returning Books
The library operates an automatic book renewal system whereby your library books will be automatically renewed unless someone else requests them. It is advisable to check your emails on a regular basis for notifications about books that you need to return.
# Virtual Library Helpdesk
If you’re studying from home and need some assistance from the Library, you can contact us online as follows:
Monday to Friday: 08:30- 21:45 | Saturday: 13:00 – 18:45
Submit a question by clicking 'Ask us (opens new window)' on Locate.
Email the library team on email@example.com
Call us: +44 (0) 2477 651016
Search through the Frequently Asked Questions (opens new window)
# What the Library Offers
- Study spaces and computer workstations including both PC and Mac as well as 36 laptops available for loan
- access to over 5,000 print books
- 309,000 e-books and over 95,000 e-journals and a large range of other multimedia resources
- professional support for finding information from dedicated Librarians
- information skills teaching (how to search for and critically evaluate information resources effectively and efficiently)
- bookable group study rooms.
- advice on copyright and licensing; document supply service for items not in stock in the Library
- a digitisation service for key chapters as well as the 'Chosen by You' scheme to help students recommend books for Library purchase.