The Library is open to all London staff and students. It’s located on the 3rd floor of University House and provide access to all the physical and electronic resources you could need to make the best of every assignment, seminar or lecture. You will also find a range of study environments from quiet study, bookable rooms and group study areas.
# Study Spaces
You can choose from a variety of study spaces. The main library area provides spaces for group and individual quiet study. If you wish to work on your own in a quieter environment then the Silent Study room is the best option.
For group study there is the main group study room plus 2 bookable Huddle rooms with screens. Huddle rooms must be booked in advance and are reserved for groups of 3-8 students. Book via the LibCal (opens new window) system for a maximum of 2 hours at a time, up to 3 times a week.
# Book Requests
Coventry University London has a huge collection of e-books and e-journals but there may still be some items that are only available in print. If you need a printed copy of a book which is on loan, you can place a request through the library online catalogue, 'Locate' (opens new window). When the item is available for loan, you will be notified by email to collect it from the library.
# Returning Books
The library operates an automatic book renewal system whereby your library books will be automatically renewed unless someone else requests them. It is advisable to check your emails on a regular basis for notifications about books that you need to return.
# What the Library Offers
- Study spaces and computer workstations including both PC and Mac as well as 36 laptops available for loan
- access to over 5,000 print books
- 309,000 e-books and over 95,000 e-journals and a large range of other multimedia resources
- professional support for finding information from dedicated Librarians
- information skills teaching (how to search for and critically evaluate information resources effectively and efficiently)
- bookable group study rooms.
- advice on copyright and licensing; document supply service for items not in stock in the Library
- a digitisation service for key chapters as well as the 'Chosen by You' scheme to help students recommend books for Library purchase.