Help centre

# Report harassment

If you have experienced or witnessed harassment, bullying or unwanted behaviour because of your race, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, faith or any other reason, you can report it via our online support service (opens new window).

You can access confidential emotional support and practical guidance without the pressure to report it formally. See how to request an appointment below.

# Submit an online report

To submit a report for yourself, or on behalf of someone else, scroll to the bottom of the case reporting (opens new window) page and select one of the following options from the drop down menu before selecting Next:

  • Make an anonymous report: If a report is made anonymously, the information may trigger an investigation and may be used for investigative purposes and subsequent processes. However, due to the anonymity of the report and inability to obtain further information, the investigation may be limited.
  • Log a named report: This is a non-anonymous report with no further action needed or requested. You may be contacted for more information and the information may trigger an investigation and be used for investigative purposes and subsequent processes.
  • Speak to an advisor: If you are a student and request an appointment, the Harassment and Hate Case Manager will contact you during normal working hours (9:00 - 17.00, Monday to Friday). The role of the Case Manager is to assist you in understanding the various options available and to provide support in making a decision - for example, referral to an appropriate advisor for support and/or help to manage any subsequent actions taken.

# Report harassment in confidence

We respect your privacy. Any information you disclose is confidential between you and the University Group. Ordinarily, we do not pass on personal information about you to any third party. However, there are certain exceptions:

  • Where you give us express consent to disclose information (for example, if you would like a Case Manager’s support in liaising with third parties).
  • Where, in order to support you, we need to contact your GP or involve other support services. It is our practice to discuss any such contact with you in advance where appropriate.
  • Where the law requires us to disclose information.
  • Where you give us information that leads us to believe that you, or someone else, is at serious and/or imminent risk of harm, then we may disclose information to minimise this risk.

# Get help in an emergency

The online reporting system is for non-emergency reports. If you are in immediate danger contact:

  • The Police on 999.
  • The Protection Service (Coventry campus): If you don’t feel safe, try to find somewhere you feel more secure and call the Protection Service on 024 7765 8555. This is a dedicated Crime Prevention Team based on campus. The team has a 24/7 response to incidents on campus or in University-owned accommodation and they staff a campus-wide CCTV surveillance system.

A similar protection service is not yet available on non-Coventry campuses.

# Other sources of help

If you do not want to submit a report, talk to someone that you trust. You can contact the Student Engagement Centre, Student Services, the Health and Wellbeing department or the Student's Union Advice Centre (SUAC). Alternatively, contact an external organisation (opens new window) that can help you.


This information is part of our Thinksafe campaign. You can find the full range of support and information on the student portal (opens new window).

Last updated: 17/08/2023, 12:40:55