Help centre

# Report harassment

If you have experienced or witnessed harassment, bullying or unwanted behaviour because of your race, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, faith or any other reason, you can now report it via our new online support service (opens new window).

You can access confidential emotional support and practical guidance without the pressure to report it formally. See how to request an appointment below.

# Submit an online report

To submit a report for yourself, or on behalf of someone else, scroll to the bottom of the case reporting (opens new window) page and select one of the following options from the drop down menu before selecting Next:

  • Make an anonymous report: If a report is made anonymously, the information may trigger an investigation and may be used for investigative purposes and subsequent processes. However, due to the anonymity of the report, and inability to obtain further information, the investigation may be limited.
  • Log a named report: This is a non-anonymous report with no further action needed or requested. You may be contacted for more information and the information may trigger an investigation and be used for investigative purposes and subsequent processes.
  • Speak to an advisor: If you are a student and request an appointment, a Harassment and Hate Case Manager will contact you during normal working hours (9:00 - 17.00, Monday to Friday). The role of the case manager is to assist you in understanding the various options available and to provide support in making a decision - for example, referral to an appropriate advisor for support and/or help to manage any subsequent actions taken.

# Report harassment in confidence

We respect your privacy. Any information you disclose is confidential between you and the University Group. Ordinarily, we do not pass on personal information about you to any third party. However, there are certain exceptions:

  • Where you give us express consent to disclose information (for example, if you would like a case manager’s support in liaising with third parties).
  • Where, in order to support you, we need to contact your GP or involve other welfare services. It is our practice to discuss any such contact with you in advance where appropriate.
  • Where the law requires us to disclose information.
  • Where you give us information that leads us to believe that you, or someone else, is at serious and/or imminent risk of harm, then we may disclose information to minimise this risk.

# Get help in an emergency

This online reporting system is for non-emergency reports. If you are in immediate danger, contact the emergency services on 112.

Last updated: 17/08/2023, 13:00:36