Help centre

# Replace your student ID card

You need your ID card to get access to campus buildings, use printers and to register your attendance. If you have lost it or it's damaged, here's how you can get a replacement.


Sometimes ID cards are also called Phoenix cards

# Check if your lost ID card has been handed in

All lost ID cards are collected at University House Reception. Go and ask to see if yours has been handed in. (If you find an ID card, you can hand it in here).

# Ask for a temporary ID card at Reception

We can give you a temporary ID card so you can get access to buildings. This will be free of charge for the first and second instance. But after this, you will be asked to buy a new card.


Remember, the temporary card will not work on the Touchpoint machine, so you won't be able to use it to record your attendance. Please speak to your lecturer and ask them to update your attendance manually if you are using a temporary card or if you have no card.

# Pay for a new ID card

Lost, stolen or damaged student ID cards can be replaced at a cost of £5. You will need your student ID number, personal details and a credit or debit card to make the payment (we are unable to take cash payments at the Reception). On completion of payment, we will give you a receipt and print your new card.


Please note that you will not be able to pick up a card on behalf of someone else.

Last updated: 13/02/2022, 12:03:27