Help centre

# Pre-sessional English Guide

Coventry University's pre-sessional English (PSE) courses will help prepare you for UK academic study on your chosen future course. The PSE programme focuses on improving your language ability and developing your academic and study skills.

As part of the course, there are several tasks you need to complete. This guide will help you find buildings on our campus map, get bank letters, register with the police and the university GP service. Also, find out how you can book social trips to visit places in the UK. We hope you enjoy your time at Coventry University!

# Walk to Elm Bank, the Student Centre and the Hub

Use the Map (on the menu below) to find walking routes on campus. Just select the building you want to go to and load Google Maps directions to Priory Building, the Student Centre and theHub.

You will need to go to these buildings during your pre-sessional English course. At these buildings, you can:

# Student Centre

  • Collect your BRP / Get help to replace a lost BRP
  • Enrol on your course
  • Get visa advice
  • Visit the International Office / International Student Compliance (ISC) team

# Priory Building

  • Go to your classes (most Pre-sessional English teaching will be at Priory Building)

# The Hub

  • Get a replacement Student ID / Phoenix card (if you have lost yours)
  • Hand in bank letter request forms (to the Infopoint)
  • Visit the Coventry University Student Union (for clubs, societies and social events)
  • Go to the Medical Centre
  • See the Careers / Add+Vantage team

# Get bank letters and student status letters

After you have enrolled you can go to the Info point in the Hub to request a bank letter. Fill this in and return it to the Info Point in the Hub. You will then receive an email (to your University email) with an electronic copy of the letter. It may take up to 3 working days to make the letter and send it to you at busy times.

Make sure that your address is correct on SOLAR before you hand your form in. Banks will only accept your letter if:

  • Your Coventry address includes your room number
  • Your home address is your personal overseas address (not an agency or an institutions’ address)

You can change your address in SOLAR online by following our guide.

# Register with the University GP service

Go to our Help Centre and find out how you can register with the University GP service. You need to be registered before you can book an appointment with a doctor or nurse at the Medical Centre in the Hub.

Last updated: 05/10/2023, 09:58:58