# Enrolment information
Enrolment is the formal process through which you join the University. You must have completed your online enrolment by Wednesday 2 June 2021.
You can view the most up to date enrolment information (opens new window) on the main website.
On Tuesday 5 January, England moved into a national lockdown. The government has been clear to us that courses should continue to be delivered online where possible. For most students, teaching and learning will continue to be delivered online from 8 March until at least 17 May 2021, with the exception of courses that need to access specialist equipment and facilities.
Your CAS will permit you to travel any time up until 27 September 2021. However, you must enrol online by Wednesday 2 June and engage with your learning online.
Check the latest government guidance on entering the UK (opens new window).
# International student enrolment
This section is for you if you are an international student coming to the UK for Semester 1 in May 2021 on a Student Visa.
Even if you are travelling to the UK, your right to study documents will be checked remotely and you will need to enrol online, which will start on Monday 19 April 2021. In order to complete your enrolment, you must have met all of your offer conditions and paid a minimum of £8,000 (opens new window). You will need to take the following steps by Wednesday 2 June 2021:
- After you have paid your deposit of £4,000, you will be sent a link to our online Welcome Portal.
- Your right to study documents will be checked remotely. If we need further documentation from you, we will contact you using the email address you provided with your application.
- Once the document check has been completed, and you have paid your second instalment of £4,000 (total £8,000) you will receive a link to complete your online enrolment. This will be sent to the email address that you provided with your application.
- Log on to a computer to complete online enrolment.
Teaching will start online from Monday 17 May 2021. Check to see if your course will be taught online only or blended with some on campus sessions during lockdown. You'll need to start attending your online classes as soon as you are granted access to your course materials
# Collect your BRP
Under normal circumstances, when you arrive in the UK, we ask you to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) as soon as possible. We advise you to select Coventry University as the collection point. If you do this, our International Student Compliance (ISC) team will contact you to make an appointment to collect your BRP from the Student Centre.
Due to the current restrictions, we are unable to offer appointments to collect BRPs from Coventry University. Once it is safe to do so, we will re-open for appointments and will contact students with a collection slot.
If you are currently in the UK and we have previously contacted you to arrange BRP collection, we will hold your BRP securely until it is safe to collect.
If you chose to collect your BRP from a local Post Office, we understand you are still able to do this, but advise you check with the Post Office directly.
# I have selected the Post Office as my collection point
You must go to whichever Post Office you have selected as your collection point.
Following this, you will need to send the following information/documents to the International Student Compliance (ISC) team at UKVIcheck@coventry.ac.uk:
- Enter your full name and student ID number in the subject box
- Passport – personal details pagePassport – vignette page which should include your entry clearance stamp
- If your entry clearance stamp is on another page, you will need to send this in too
- If you do not have an entry clearance stamp in your passport, you will need to send copies of your boarding pass or your flight details
- BRP card – front and back
Please ensure that your scans or photos are clear and you are not covering any parts of these documents. If for any reason we are unable to accept these documents, we will make contact with you as soon as possible to let you know.
If you are unable to collect your BRP card because you are self-isolating or in quarantine after travelling, please email UKVIcheck@coventry.ac.uk to let us know.
# Internationals student studying remotely (online) or on campus
- An international student starting Semester 1 online in May 2021 and coming to the UK for Semester 2 in September.
- An international student who enrolled in January 2021 and will be starting Semester 2 in May 2021 on campus or online
# Enrolment for EU students with Pre-Settled or Settled status
If you have sent us confirmation of your pre-settled or settled status, you will receive an email with a link to access online enrolment from Monday 3 May 2021.
If you have provided confirmation of your status, but have not received your enrolment link by Wednesday 5 May 2021, please email email@example.com.
If you are an EU student coming to the UK on a Student Visa, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance on the steps you’ll need to take to enrol.