# Book an open access study room
If you are looking for a quiet and private place to study or do group work, you can book an open access room. These rooms can be booked when they are not being used for a class.
# Send an email to request a room
To book an open access room, you need to email firstname.lastname@example.org before you want to use it.
If you need the room within 24 hours, you can go to the University House Reception to book a room.
# Include the correct information in your email
Make sure your email includes the following information:
- Your full name
- Your student ID number (on your student ID/Phoenix card)
- Date you want to book the room
- Time (the start and end time that you want to book for).
- Type of room required (e.g. classroom, meeting room)
- Capacity (how many people the room needs to fit)
- Any technology you need (e.g. Powerpoint)
- Reason for room booking (e.g. presentation practice, group work etc.)
# Show your email confirming your booking
On the day of your booking, please make sure you have your Room Booking Confirmation Email with you. This can be shown to staff at Reception on a phone/laptop/tablet or as a printout. If you do not provide this information, we will not be able to give you access to the room you have booked.
Once we have seen your confirmation, we can add the room access onto your student ID card.
# Leave the room on time and make sure it is clean and tidy
Please leave the room on time (when your booking has finished) and make sure it is left in a good condition. This includes:
- Cleaning the whiteboards
- Taking your rubbish with you or leaving it in a bin
- Putting furniture back if it has been moved
Please make sure that all the lights and equipment are turned off at the end of your session, and that the doors are closed behind you.
# Book a specialist room
Rooms with specialist equipment are usually booked locally through technicians. But not all spaces are available for student bookings, so you will need to check first. If you are unsure how to book these spaces, please contact email@example.com.
All bookings are made on a first come, first served basis and are dependent on room availability.